How it's done:
- Head over to the SHOP or visit my ETSY page to get a sense of the size of portrait you would like and what you'd like to spend. Portrait sizes are customizable so let me know if you have a different size in mind or additional beasts to be added, and I'll shoot you a quote for the portrait. You can contact me through email or use the contact form on this site.
- Send me as many photographs as you like, but try to get in at least three. Don't worry if they are from your phone, sometimes the best photos are the candid shots taken when you and your fur buddy are just enjoying each other's company. You'll want to select favorite photos and those that have the highest resolution and are in focus. Natural daylight is the best source of light for determining the color of the coat. Send the photos as JPEG's or PDF's by email, remember the bigger the better. Feel free to contact me if you need some help selecting the perfect shot. Some more advice on photos is available under Photos Do's and Don'ts.
- Once I receive the photos, I will get to work cropping the image and playing with background ideas. It is a collaboration, so I will email the "sketches" to you for your input.
- When you've picked your favorite image. I'll send out an invoice for a 50% deposit through Square, or Etsy, it is fully refundable up until work commences.
- I'll begin the portrait and send updates of my progress as the painting develops.
- You'll receive a final photo, any adjustments you'd like made will be made and another photograph will be sent. Following your approval, you'll be billed the final 50%of the portrait, once it is cleared, I'll carefully wrap and box the portrait and ship it via USPS by Priority Mail. If you wish I can send the portrait through other carriers, the price will be adjusted according to your shipping requirements.